It is amazing to think that we are celebrating 10 Years of the Chester Community Physical Therapy Clinic! This is a collaboration of all 3 classes of Widener University Physical Therapy students, led by Dr. Jill Black! The clinic provides an needed service to our community AND allows students to gain hands-on experience and mentorship from year 1 of their program!
This year marks a very impressive expansion with:
- A new name: Chester Community Clinic
- A new location: 1720 Melrose Ave., Chester, PA 19013
- A new interdisciplinary documentation system
- The addition of Widener's new Occupational Therapy Doctoral Program
- Our newly added Kid's Night in our new state-of-the-art sensory room
If that is not enough to intrigue you, the students have also developed The Pro Bono Network to help other schools join the mission! They coordinate and organize multiple annual conferences across the country to empower programs to join their mission!